domingo, junio 12, 2011

Support us in the 11Steden bicycle tour tomorrow!

Dear Friends!

As some of you may already know, tomorrow I'll ride a long bicycle tour. The tour is called 11 steden (the 11 towns), and it goes through 11 towns in norther Holland, for a total of 240km. The tour is non-competitive, which means there is maximum speed and it will take me at least 10 hours to complete. I'll be carrying my mobile phone and I'll try to use the stops to document and report on the tour. You can see the updates in my blog (http://eloriundo.blogspot.com/).

As a way to motivate myself (and I'll need a looot of motivation!) I though to ask you an small favor. Lately, I have been supporting an organization that builds water wells in areas where water is needed, with a great impact on the community's  health, efficiency, productivity, and ultimately the possibilities of its inhabitants (more info here and here). You can see the picture of our first completed well in this link. So, if you would like to help us on this, I wanted to ask you to donate for our next water well a couple of cents per each km that I manage to ride. That way, if I am in doubt to continue at some point, I'll know I have a good reason not to stop. Even more, if I don't manage to finish, I'll donate myself 25cents per each kilometer that I DO NOT manage to ride!

In exchange, I promise to make my best to entertain you with updates in my blog of our suffering during the tour :p. 

So, if you want to help us in this, please let us know how much are you willing to give per each km. You can just answer me by email, or even better you can fill this very easy and short form for us.

Thanks a lot!

Pablo

(also, please check and "like" our facebook page, so you can receive updates of all what happens with our wells, and we also get more visibility in the facebook-world :) )

No hay comentarios.: